28 ianuarie 2009

Love


"I had some realisations about love recently — time alone in airports & on planes & walking around with headphones on is good for me! One of the things I became aware of is that true, real love doesn’t have to be a competition or have any kind of goal, it’s just pure & gleaming & clear, & without expectation or demand. It doesn’t have to go or be a certain way for it to be valid. Another thing I realised is that there is an infinite supply of it, & the more you give away, the more comes back to you. There is no time limit, no rush. Tonight, next month, whatever. Doesn’t real love stretch beyond the horizon, beyond this life, into another dimension? You don’t have to love someone, move in together & get married. It’s possible to love someone in a way that is distant & vivid & magnificent, to love someone the way a virgin loves a unicorn, the way teenage girls love the night sky, the way children love sugar. Love coloured by the hand of fantasy, spun through with magic thread, not tangible, invisible to the human eye. Love which is fabulous & overwhelming, the kind of thing you only see when you’re dreaming. I don’t know where all this awareness came from, but all of a sudden it’s more true than I ever thought possible, & not just a philosophical ideal like it once was, it’s an actual real life truth for me. This is a major shift, & it brings me more joy than you could ever believe."


Niciun comentariu: